Tangible benefits in all walks of life can be achieved through smart and efficient means of being proficient in the use of energy. From the first line we draw on paper when we design a new ship, to the final light bulb we install, energy efficiency is always the first element we take into consideration.
• We have one of the most modern fleets of cruise ships at sea and have designed and developed six different ship classes. Every class always pushes the level of excellence of the earlier ship.
• The hulls of our ships are coated with special environmentally-friendly paints which impedes the growth of barnacles, algae and marine organisms to reduce drag significantly.
• A software application to monitor and optimise trim, the ship’s stability, in real time. This technology supports ship officers to keep the vessel’s trim optimised to reduce fuel consumption.
• All ships have smart heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC). Two high and low-heat recovery loops to redistribute heat and cold intelligently from the laundry room and machinery spaces to warm up the swimming pools and other parts of the ship.
• Ships only use energy efficient LED and florescent lighting.
• Compared to our earlier Fantasia ship class which entered service between 2008-2013, our latest ship MSC Grandiosa requires 28 per cent less fuel per passenger, which represents a reduction of 255kg less carbon dioxide per passenger, per cruise.