DISCOVER A WORLD OF SPECTACULAR FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT ON BOARD
With so many different kinds of entertainment to choose from, the excitement never ends.
Every moment on an MSC cruise is packed with potential for fun. The wide variety of theatrical performances, not to mention the exhilarating flight simulator also on board MSC Meraviglia. Meanwhile MSC Seaside boasts the longest zip line at sea, an interactive Aqua Park and a full-size bowling alley. Every ship offers plenty of onboard activities for all ages, from craft workshops and dance classes to parties and themed events, as well as amazing facilities like 4D cinemas, Formula 1 simulators to water slides. And the live music, discos and club nights will keep fun-lovers happy long into the night.
THEATER & SHOWS
Dazzling world-class entertainment featuring 8 different full-scale productions appear in our stunning Broadway-style theaters throughout our fleet.
Every cruise offers at least 6 different shows - even on a 7-night cruise - created by accomplished production teams together with gifted singers, dancers, acrobats and artistes from every corner of the world. Please note that on MSC Meraviglia, MSC Lirica, MSC Opera, MSC Sinfonia and MSC Armonia, access to the evening shows is by booking only (not required on other ships). There are three quick and easy ways to book: connect to the onboard wi-fi network with your smartphone or tablet, use the touch screens on a different decks of the ship, or ask at the Reception - Guest Service.
On some of our Caribbean, Northern Europe and Mediterranean itineraries, we offer unique shows inspired by world-famous operas.
Love Me is a selection of the most famous arias from Giuseppe Verdi’s opera La Traviata, including Libiamo ne' lieti calici ("Drink from the joyful cup"), Amami, Alfredo, amami quant'io t'amo ("Love me, Alfredo, love me as I love you”) and many more.
L’Amour, on the other hand, is a selection of the most famous arias from Georges Bizet’s opera Carmen, the story of the downfall of the soldier Don José, seduced by a beautiful gypsy.
Music for every occasion and mood.
• Dance orchestras skilled in many styles, from ballroom to ‘70s disco
• Piano bar mood music with pianists, guitarists and singers performing old favorites and modern pop hits
• Classical musicians performing classical greats, opera gems and star tunes from the silver screen
• Neapolitan folk music with guitars, mandolins and song
• Latin American bands
• Jazz bands
• Solo piano recitals
• Country & Western
• Virtuoso violin and piano concerts in the Theater
• German Schlager music
• Music from around the world, with Arabic, Greek, Mexican and Turkish musicians playing national and international favorites
• The distinctive music of the countries visited on MSC winter cruises: Argentina’s Tango, Brazil’s Axé, Samba and Forró, Cuba’s Calypso and Salsa
• Late night music and dancing every night in the disco
Some onboard musicians may be hired for private functions, by prior arrangement with the Cruise Director. Please note that the availability varies according to the itinerary.
DAY TIME ACTIVITIES
Every minute of an MSC cruise offers something different. Sports tournaments, dance classes, trivia games and arts and crafts are all on the agenda.
In addition to live music in the bars and lounges and the spectacular shows taking place in the theater, there are dance contests, karaoke, themed parties and DJ sets to keep you going into the small hours.
OTHER SERVICES FOR CHILDREN AND TEENS
Our fleet boasts the following special facilities and services for children and teenagers - just one of the reasons why younger guests love our cruises:
• Aquaparks, including the Polar Aquapark with 4 twisting water slides (on MSC Meraviglia) and the first interactive waterpark at sea (on MSC Seaside)
• Vertigo - the longest single-rider water slide on the seas (only on MSC Divina & MSC Preziosa)
• Kids and Family Pools
• An adventure trail and the longest zip line at sea (only on MSC Seaside)
• Flight simulator (only on MSC Meraviglia)
• Formula 1 Simulator (twin Formula 1 Simulators on MSC Meraviglia and MSC Seaside)
• 4D cinema (5D cinema on MSC Seaside)
• Full-size bowling alley (only on MSC Meraviglia and MSC Seaside)
• Social Network Games, WII/Xbox/PS4 Tournaments
• Evening activities with music videos, karaoke and events like our iPop Competition, Just Dance Live and Teen Movie Trivia
• Themed parties and adult-free zone for teenagers
• Events such as White Party, Flashmob, DJ lesson, Talent Show and Prom Night
Please note that the availability varies according to the ship.
The elegantly designed Casino on each ship features worldclass games for all types of players, from classic roulette and blackjack to exciting poker variations. New and seasoned slot players can enjoy a variety of slot machines from penny slots to amazing jackpots. Great prizes are available in our tournaments and special events, not forgetting our surprises and random virtual raffle draws.
In the onboard Casinos, Guests may play using their Cruise Card up to a maximum of the amount available on the Card. All our games also accept cash. The Casino is generally open from shortly after sailing from each port until late.
A WORLD OF SHOPPING
A holiday with MSC Cruises treats guests to a leisurely exploration of world-famous brands, browsing fantastic designer boutiques entirely at their ease, ably guided by expert assistants only when they choose. They’ll love the change of pace our on-board shops bring whenever the fancy takes them, open all day and until late at night when at sea. With everything from premium watches to custom jewellery and classic duty-free, together with swimwear, sunglasses and designer clothing tailored to the region of your cruise, guest will find just what they're after - whether it’s a special gift or a unique souvenir.